CEO DATELINE – Coronavirus prompts aviation group to cancel event in Shanghai

The National Business Aviation Association announced Friday it was canceling a major annual event in Shanghai because of the coronavirus outbreak in China.

Want more news?

Consider joining CEO Update. Membership gives full access to the latest intelligence on association management, career advancement, compensation trends and networking events, as well as hundreds of listings for senior-level association jobs.

Click here for membership details.

The Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition had been scheduled for April 16 to 18. Since its launch in 2012, ABACE has grown to over 9,000 attendees from more than 50 countries. The event is co-hosted by NBAA and the Asian Business Aviation Association.

“NBAA and the Shanghai Airport Authority have an extraordinarily strong partnership, having worked closely together for nearly a decade to build ABACE into one of the world’s truly great aviation events,” NBAA’s CEO Ed Bolen said in a statement. “Our organizations have always viewed participating exhibitors, attendees and government leaders as partners, and as with all NBAA events, their health, safety and security is always our highest priority.”

“While the Chinese government is taking commendable steps to address the coronavirus outbreak, the current situation has presented a very challenging environment for decision-making and action for ABACE participants to fully prepare for the event. This necessary step is being taken in the spirit of partnership, collaboration and transparency,” Bolen said.

ABACE 2021 is scheduled for April 13-15, 2021.

NBAA represents more than 11,000 companies around the world that use general aviation aircraft.

MORE CEO DATELINES:

CEO DATELINE – NATSO and ChargePoint partner to expand EV charging

ChargePoint, the world’s largest electric vehicle charging networking, and NATSO, which represents America’s travel plazas and truckstops, announced a plan to deploy new EV stations across the country by 2030. The group plans to leverage $1 billion in capital to install charging stations at more than 4,000 travel plazas and fuel stops on major highways and in rural communities.

Want more news?

Consider joining CEO Update. Membership gives full access to the latest intelligence on association management, career advancement, compensation trends and networking events, as well as hundreds of listings for senior-level association jobs.

Click here for membership details.

“NATSO for the last 20 years has successfully advocated for incentives to enable our members to profitably incorporate renewable fuels into their fuel supply,’’ NATSO CEO Lisa Mullings said in a Feb. 6 statement.

“Range anxiety continues to rank as one of the biggest concerns among consumers who are considering purchasing an electric vehicle,” Mullings said. “NATSO has been working with the Federal Highway Administration since 2016 to expand the use of alternative fuels and infrastructure under its Alternative Fuels Corridor Program. The MOU (memorandum of understanding) announced today will help to establish public-private partnerships at off-highway fuel retailers across the nation, which will help to mitigate range anxiety and expand the Interstate network of charging facilities under the current program.”

NATSO and ChargePoint will identify public and private funding sources that may be available to support the expansion of EV charging, according to the statement. https://bit.ly/3bdyFnM

There are 27,663 charging stations with 87,530 outlets in the U.S. and Canada, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. Most electric vehicles are currently capable of about 100 miles of driving before they need to be recharged, according to the University of California, Davis Institute of Transportation Studies.

MORE CEO DATELINES: